Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Tale of Two New Old Socks.




Sean Casey has decided to retire from Major League baseball. Instead, he'll be taking his act on the road this season (or at least as far as New Jersey) as he has accepted an on-air position at MLB Network, the breadth of which has yet to be determined. It seems like it would be a good fit. Best of luck to him.




Alex Cora, who has abandoned his ducklings by signing with the Mets for next season, will remember them fondly (of Pedroia):


"I don’t have a little brother, but now I do. I feel a part of [Pedroia’s] career, getting to the point of seeing him getting the rewards for everything he’s been preaching, I feel very proud of him."


He's also a big Mike Lowell fan (and what rational person isn't?):


"Getting to play with a great teammate and [an even] better person like Mike Lowell was special. I consider him a friend."
And the rest of us? Yeah. He likes us too:


"It was more than work, it was a family. Obviously, the stage you’re on with the fans, that’s something everyone needs to experience. You can talk all you want about Red Sox Nation, that kind of stuff, being all around the country but until you’re part of it, you don’t have a clue. And I was one of those guys who was like, ‘Hey, that stuff’s no big deal.’ It is a big deal."


Say it with me: Awwww.

No comments: