Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Regrets? I've Had a Few.


This is probably one of those things that I will regret doing the instant I press publish. I've been told that I have a mean streak and I try to keep it in check. I bite my tongue often enough. And even as I think this, it strikes me as unnecessarily mean; especially when it's in response to what is clearly a heartfelt and well-meant gesture.

Rocco Baldelli took out an ad in the St. Petersburg Times thanking the Tampa Bay fans for their support during the last nine years. He seems to have genuinely enjoyed his time in Florida and the experiences afforded to him by the Rays. (And the good people of Tampa Bay would probably never say anything like this.) But all I could think as I read his note was: "Wow. For a guy called Rocco, Baldelli sure has wicked girly handwriting."

Go ahead, stone me. I'll make it easy-Jehovah.

No comments: