Monday, January 12, 2009

Big.


I don't know if Jim Rice deserves to be in the Hall of Fame but my father will be pleased. I don't remember Rice as a player. To me Jim Rice was just a name on the pennant that I've had--well, I was going to say forever but since 1986 is probably a good guess; part Daddy's little girl, I memorized the names after he bought it for me. In my mind Rice will always be associated with Spike Owen and Marc Sullivan.


Whether it's deserved or not is, obviously, debatable--it wouldn't have taken him fifteen years if it wasn't. It's not a travesty that he got in and it wouldn't have been a miscarriage of justice if he hadn't. Regardless, congratulations to Jim Rice on his entrance to the Hall of Fame!


And just so you don't think I'm a total slob (given how filthy it looks in the photo), after hanging on my bedroom wall until I graduated from college, it now lives in the coat closet. It's felt, or something, I don't think I can clean it.

No comments: