Friday, January 9, 2009

Neither Young Nor Restless.


I used to watch The Young and The Restless a lot as a kid. The woman who babysat for my siblings and I would watch Y & R and then switch over to ABC for General Hospital and All My Children. I have no idea why but I liked All My Children best. That said, I haven't watched a soap opera in the longest time.


The same does not hold true for Jim Rice. Jim Ed told the Herald that he was a big Y & R fan:



"But I never miss ‘The Young and the Restless’ and I’m not going to start now. I’ve been watching it for 25 years. When I was playing for the Red Sox we met some of the cast one day in Oakland. They were playing a softball game at the ballpark. Two or three of them were big Red Sox fans. I met the cast later on in Anaheim. I started watching the show and I was hooked."


And his favorite plot line (pictured above)?



"Miss Chancellor’s coming back. She’s this billionaire on the show. She had a lookalike that they buried, and everyone thinks it’s her. But it’s not. It’s all incredible stuff.”


Word.

No comments: