Saturday, January 3, 2009

Medical Miracle.


When Mike Lowell went under the knife back in October there was some concern that he wouldn't have enough time to fully recover before spring training got under way. I believe that there was some speculation that he might not be ready until May. It turns out that that may have been an extremely pessimistic view.


The promoter of the Puerto Rican team for the WBC seems to have taken the optimistic track:


"El promotor anunció que el antesalista Mike Lowell confirmó su disponibilidad para participar."

Leaning heavily on my, admittedly rusty, high school Spanish:


"The promoter announced that third baseman* Mike Lowell had confirmed his availability to play."

Good news, if true.




*I have no idea what 'antesalista' means but third baseman seems like a pretty good guess. Baseball positions just didn't come up very often in class. I have sussed out that 'lanzador' is pitcher, 'receptor' is catcher, and 'jardinero' is outfielder. Though, I suppose it could mean "Ignore everything else I just said. I'm lying." But that seems unlikely.

No comments: