Thursday, January 22, 2009

Another One Bites the Dust.

A little bit of depressing news to go with your lunch: The Hartford Courant has cut Jeff Goldberg's position. They will not be sending a beat writer to cover the Red Sox this season.

It really is a shame. Goldberg was one of my favorites, even if he did look like he was being held upside down by his ankles in his photograph. It would seem that there won't really be anyone worth reading this season. Rob Bradford was the best but I'm mildly protesting him since his move to 'EEI (nothing good has ever come out of there and likely never will). Edes was alright but he's moved on to Yahoo!. I've made my feelings about Amalie Benjamin clear and Tony Mazzarotti is scant inches above her. I guess with Goldberg gone, my go to guy will have to be Sean McAdam.

In trying times we all have to make sacrifices for the greater good and as such, I nominate myself to take over for Goldberg. Writing experience is limited but I'm willing to take on the constant flying, and shuttling between airport, crappy hotel--featuring even crappier food, and baseball stadium, ad nauseum until you stop caring about the baseball. I'll take on the cramped working conditions and the deadlines. I might even consider a move to Hartford, if that would make things easier.

No comments: