Friday, January 23, 2009

Super Timmeeh.


It must be really hard to dislike Tim Wakefield. Other than Brian Roberts, I can't imagine anyone saying "I hate you" to Wake. He doesn't seem to give any reason to feel that way about him; he's good, humble, classy, unassuming, responsible, and doesn't seem to have an entitled bone in his body. He's the anti-Manny. I loved Manny (and kinda still do) but I love Timmeeh more. And as many times as I've tried, I've never been able to fully describe what kind of fabulous person Tim Wakefield is. Plus, his son is as cute as a button.


For the past seventeen (or possibly fifteen depending on which part of the release you're reading) years, Wake has hosted a golf tournament to support the Space Coast Early Intervention Center, a preschool for special needs children. This year is no different, as the event kicks off today. (The photo is from last year's event.)


The one quibble I might be able to think up with Wake is his taste in food. Last year, he had the event catered by the Olive Garden and this year he seems to have used Carraba's. I suppose it's a half-step in the right direction. I know you're Floridian and that that hospi-tallahassee crap might be your idea of good Italian but c'mon Wakey you can do better than that.

No comments: