Monday, March 17, 2008

Snag A Ram.

Sometimes my job is really boring. Boring to the point where I'm seriously contemplating knocking over a filing cabinet so that I can re-organize it's contents or purposefully screwing up an account so that I can go back and fix it later, just to break up the monotony. Today is one of those days. It's at times like these I need to come up with some innocent diversion that isn't destructive, won't get me fired, and, most importantly, will make it look like I'm doing actual work.

Today's activity: Anagrams. I've been taking ballplayers names and trying to rearrange the letters into a fitting description of that person. Ideally, the anagram would use all of the letters but I've relaxed the rules because it's nearly impossible to meet those conditions. So far, I've only had success with one player's name-and it's really nearly perfect. (There are a lot of names on this team with 'j's or 'k's or 'v's or 'z's; or names that have very few consonants or conversely, very few vowels. They also seem to be plagued with players who have very little variety in terms of letters in their name-looking at you David Aardsma-four 'a's, three 'd's, a 'v', and not much else. I'll tell you what those letters are good for spelling: David Aardsma and that's about it *ends grumble.) But...

Need a description of Joshua P. Beckett?
Put: Bet he's a jock.
Just thought I'd share.

No comments: