Saturday, March 1, 2008

No Words

Alright. Now that I've had time to process, I can think of something to say. [aside: I really was shell-shocked last night. My mind went blank looking at these pictures.] At some point this spring there was a photo of a bunch of guys stretching or doing lunges or something, which prompted me to think: Never ask any of them to dance. They looked awkward, ridiculous, and uncoordinated. Turns out I was right.



We've already thoroughly dissected Papelbon's dancing ability. I will say that his right hand is not properly positioned but since he only had two hours of lessons, we'll let it slide. I will, however, comment on his costume choice. The belt cuts him off at a very unfortunate place and makes him look very hippy. It's like he's got the bottom half of an hour glass figure. Unfortunately (well probably very fortunately for Paps), he's very flat chested. It probably wouldn't have been so bad if he was wearing a man's shirt but there's no way a see-through, black lace, three-quarter length sleeve, shirt with a deep v, was not intended to be worn by a woman.


Poor Dustin. His partner was probably taller than him without her heels on. They probably paired him with the shortest gal available and she still towered over him. He was at a distinct disadvantage before he even started to cha-cha.


Now, Mike Lowell. You can tell Mike Lowell knows how to move. No doubt, that's why he hosted the competition. I don't know if he's waving to someone in the audience but it's an odd bit of choreography if he isn't.

No comments: