Thursday, March 13, 2008

Chris Carter Knows What It's Like.

(Lifted from Sittingstill.net)


There was a nice little article on Chris Carter in the Worcester paper yesterday. Mostly it's just "I'm happy to be here" and "I'm working hard" type stuff.


Carter is an interesting guy. The article doesn't really touch upon it too much but, right now, he's best suited to be a DH. It's a role he would probably do fairly well at, except for the large Dominican man currently filling the position.


This spring they've been trying him in left and at first. It's a work in progress. But he says that he has been working on his defensive play:



"I think they're both equally important. You can win a game either way, with the glove or with the bat. I work harder on defense, but I do work hard on offense."



What I thought was interesting about the article was that he grew up a Sox fan, an affliction he inherited from his father. (Isn't that how most of us caught it?) His dad was a big Ted Williams and a big Yaz fan. Regarding getting to play for his pop's team:




"Oh yeah. That would be, I don't even know how to explain it. You know how people say 'a dream come true?' It's definitely more than that. It would really mean a lot to me."


Say it with me: Awwww!

No comments: