Saturday, March 1, 2008

Coco on a Mission




It became pretty obvious last night that Coco is not going down without a fight. He had a single, a walk, a double, stole two bases, and made three plays in center. Now if only he could keep that kind of play up (he had a batting average of .666, an OBP of 1.00, a SLG of 1.00, and an OPS of 2.00) he might get himself a fair shake for the job in center. It's really too bad that the games don't count.


He told the Herald that he was happy with his performance last night.



"I feel as good as I did then (two years ago.) That's when I was able to workout in the off season. Last year was different. But now I feel like I did two years ago."

I'm glad he's making a serious run at the job or at the least, getting himself a good situation somewhere else.


Also, Kottaras' home run was very exciting.

No comments: