Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Oh, the Places You'll Go!




So I saw this picture on Boston.com and I thought: Wait. Beckett smokes? There are many things Josh Beckett is but, even with the chewing tobacco, I would have never believed him to be a smoker. So I put my mad detective skills to the test (i.e. I zoomed in) and my best guess is that he has a slug of water in his cheek. Chipmunk cheeks (which we already knew were in existence) are much preferable to smoking.


I will admit that he cleans up nicely. I think that it's because he appears to have shaved. I'm fairly certain that he removed that awful clump of fur from his lower lip and he may have gone the whole hog (it's hard to tell between beard and shadow when the image is pixelated.) And I'm digging the giant belt buckle.


Ellsbury, on the other hand, needs to have his pants hemmed. Also, Bobby Kielty clearly dressed himself (though I wouldn't blame his wife for not caring what he chose to wear today, that would be the least of her worries.)

Edit: Turns out it was only wishful thinking that he had shaved. Also, I guess the put together look doesn't last very long-a few hours on a plane is the limit.

No comments: