Saturday, February 23, 2008

It's Official



Like a floor bagel, Sean Casey has stolen my heart. I didn't think it was possible for me to love a baseball player any more than I love Lowell or even Papelbon (and it really is a disproportionate amount to what sanity would dictate as reasonable) but last night in his interview with Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum, Casey drew even with the two of them in my affections.


Then this morning I read this interview and he's moved into the lead. Turns out the summer he played on the Cape, Casey wasn't such a good guy afterall.



"The incident took place when Casey was playing in the Cape Cod League for the Brewster Whitecaps in 1994 and his part-time job was working in the bakery at the Stop & Shop in Yarmouth. We'll let him fill in the rest.

"I didn't make any money back then and I was always starving," he said. "The baking lady told me that if anything fell on the floor I could have it. So I would knock a bagel off the table every morning, put some cream cheese on and eat it."


Hee! I'm sure he did it all furtively-like, thinking he was pulling a fast one on the "baking lady", when she was totally aware of his antics, but having been utterly charmed by the baseball playing muscle who was helping her out, she let him get away with it.

No comments: