Thursday, February 26, 2009

Use the Force.


Momentarily forgetting he's actually playing in Japan, Daisuke Matsuzaka contemplates the likelihood that his Godzilla impression will frighten the Aussies into submission.


Yesterday, Daisuke Matsuzaka pitched one and two-thirds innings in an exhibition game against Team Australia and was less than successful. In his first inning he struck out three but also allowed two hits (one of them a double.) In his second inning, he gave up two runs on three hits before he was given the hook.


Said Matsuzaka:



"As you could see, I have more than one or two problems. I want to reduce as many problems as possible. My fastball was the only positive I had. I will try to move up one stage, technically and mentally."

I don't like it. If he's really having issues, then he should be taking it slowly and focusing on fixing those issues, not trying to push himself to the next level.


Also:



"I threw with both strong and weak force."


I have no idea what that means.

No comments: