Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Fine and Dandy.

First, some more video from the day game:



And then regarding the night game:

While not entirely pleased with the outcome of his 2009 debut, Tim Wakefield thought it went alright:

"I would like to have better results, but I felt fine. The shoulder felt fine. I think I need to work out the rust a little bit. It was the first time in a game facing hitters. I just need to work on some things."

I thought Josh Bard looked a little unsettled but Timmeh (always the gentleman) disagrees:

"It was fine. I thought he did a great job."

And lastly, it might have been Don Orsillo's fault (the man could make Harold Reynolds say intersting things) but Brian Daubach did a really nice job as the color commentator. It's too bad Dauber has a job because he'd make a nice addition to the NESN staff. He seemed to know who all the random guys were and had something to say about them; either he really knows his stuff or he memorized the media guide and was able to deliver his lines convincingly. He'd be right up there with Eck and Dave McCarty.

No comments: