Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sit On It, Alex.


Just a couple of things before I shut my mouth:


1. Alex Rodriguez must think that we're all morons. Steroids weren't helping his performance but he continued to take them. Really? Of all the things you could have gone with, that's what you picked? Really? Well, he didn't even use them properly. Blindly sticking yourself with syringes is not a good idea; if you have no clue what your doing, you'll likely end up killing yourself. He was young and naive? He was twenty-five in 2001 and on his way to making millions of dollars. He could have fallen off terribly, Texas would still have had to pay him that ridiculous contract, and he could still have done a decent Scrooge McDuck impersonation. Why would you put that at risk?


2. Poor stupid, slow Andy Pettitte. (Who would've thought that I would ever say that?) I believed his hangdog expression last spring--I don't believe that by some miracle drug-testing is one hundred percent accurate and the two times he admitted to taking HGH last spring were the only two times he took it--he seemed genuinely sorry and like he really didn't know any better. Rodriguez didn't attend Andy Pettitte's press conference last spring. But for such a small fish to go through that--not that it wasn't any of his own doing--while a much bigger fish in Alex Rodriguez tacitly joins the ranks of his accusers must have been a slap in the face.


3. But "I made my bed and now I have to sit on it" is pretty damn funny.

No comments: