Wednesday, March 25, 2009

For the Birds.


When David Pauley was traded to the Orioles he seemed (and you'll just have to trust me on this because I can't find the article to back me up) really excited to have the opportunity to crack their starting rotation. And given the state of their rotation (Jeremy Guthrie, Koji Uehara, ?, ?, ?) it seemed, to me anyway, that he might have a chance. Yesterday, however, word came down that only part of Pauley's wish would come true: Dave Trembley doesn't want him for their rotation but he can envision a role in the bulllpen for him. Despite the Orioles thinking ? is a better option than him, Pauley remains positive:



"It's whatever they need me for -- wherever I can help out the most right now, whether that's in the bullpen or I'm starting or not. I'm just going to work at it."


I do hope that it works out for him.

No comments: