Monday, March 9, 2009

Dustin Pedroia: Creator of Uncreative Blog Entry Titles.

Rob Bradford works miracles. Exhibit A: He has gotten Dustin Pedroia to blog for WEEI during the World Baseball Classic. Says Dustin of last night's game in Toronto:

"Second, it is a little known fact that I have never hit an opposite field home run in my life. Not one. So when the ball left the bat not only did I think it was a home run, but I also immediately thought that I was in the process of making my own personal history with my first opposite field bomb. I thought, ‘There it is!’ Then Bobby Abreu catches it at the wall … shoot!"

Just a wild guess on my part but I'm pretty sure that Pedroia didn't actually think "Shoot!"

And about the Yankee Roll Call:

"There were other memorable moments from Sunday night, such a group of fans in center field who were yelling the whole game. At the end they started chanting Derek Jeter’s name, like they do at Yankee Stadium, which gets an acknowledgement from Derek with a wave of the glove. If you’re a Yankee you’re used to it. But then they start chanting my name. I didn’t know what to do. I just turned around a little bit and smiled. I was like, ‘Damn, dudes. It’s late.’ Evidently it was enough because they moved on to the next players."

No! Dustin, no! Don't go into the light.

No comments: