Sunday, January 13, 2008

Shouldn't They Call it Round-tine?



On a recent aimless ramble across the Internet I happened upon this interview with Coco Crisp from Sports Illustrated-March 6, 2006. Now, I have a well-documented thing for center-fielders and the interview did absolutely nothing to diminish my love of Crisp but this:

"...Josh Beckett is new, too, so I'll put him on the spot -- say how funny he is
before an interview so he has to come up with something good."
gave me pause.


What?


Perhaps it's because I don't generally pay too much attention to Josh Beckett and I'm out of the loop but I don't recall him ever being intentionally funny. I've laughed at him. A lot. But unless the dumb-hayseed-thing is an act (in which case I would say that he might have missed his calling), it's not quite the same thing.


When I first read it I thought that maybe Crisp was making fun of Beckett-Crisp didn't think that Beckett was funny but Beckett thought himself to be hilarious (which doesn't seem like it would be totally outside the realm of reality)-but now I'm not so sure. They might both be delusional or I suppose (if I was going to be kind) there might be a hidden side to Josh Beckett.


Josh, kitten, this might sound harsh, but eye-rolling and mono-syllabic answers to questions are neither funny nor are they good responses.




No comments: