Thursday, January 3, 2008

Checking in with Bobby



There was a little interview in the Herald with Bobby Kielty today. He wants to come back:
"I'm just waiting it out. Unless another team comes in with an unbelievable
offer, I'm just going to wait it out and see what happens. I love Boston and I'm
hoping something can work out."
Awww.


He also says that he's willing to try hitting righty exculsively:
"It's something where I can try it for the first few weeks of spring training
and if I don't like it I can go back. It's one of those things that is a
catch-22 because I really need to be getting at-bats to be effective
left-handed, which I know I can do, but I'm probably more valuable as a
switch-hitter off the bench."
Kudos for the literary reference (it's not really a catch-22 the way it's worded but you can force it: His value as a bench player lies in him being a switch-hitter and effective. If he's a switch-hitter, then he isn't as effective. If he's going to be effective, then he isn't going to be a switch-hitter. Sort of. It's not what he was trying to say but it is a catch-22.)


He is also getting in great shape.
"I'm excited about how I feel. I'm finally where I need to be."
This one confuses me. I know the picture is from back in his As days (which rhymes) but I don't see how he could be in any better shape than that. I would imagine that the only part of him that would be remotely soft would be his hair.


He is also, apparently, quite the poker player. He won the Eddie Guardado Charity Poker Tournament for the second year in a row.

No comments: