Monday, December 21, 2009

Trading Barbs.

Mike Lowell and Rob Bradford are total BFFs. So, it would make sense that when Lowell decided to make his side of the "Great Thumb Controversy" known he went right to Bradford. Sounding slightly bitter, defensive and like he's giving a deposition, Mikey says:

“I was in constant contact with the training staff and I told them at the two-week (mark) I didn’t feel a difference with my thumb and at the four-week mark it was the same thing and then at the seven-week mark Mike Reinold flew down to Miami to check it out and that’s when they decided to put me in the splint and keep it immobilized for a month. That’s when the thinking was that it might be something more than it was originally thought to be. The first day of the winter meetings was when I was ordered to get an MRI."

I don't really understand what the point of this was as I'm sure it doesn't help things with the front office if they do end up stuck with each other. Mike certainly doesn't seem too happy with them.

No comments: