Monday, October 19, 2009

Total BFF.

Brad Mills interviewed for the Houston Astros managerial job this morning and was subsequently interviewed by the Houston Chronicle about the interview. From the tone of his responses, I'd guess that he thinks it went well. But the quote at the end about Francona:

"I might be a little prejudice, but I think Terry’s one of the best managers in the game today. He’s one of the best managers. One of the reasons he is, is because his work ethic is second to none. He plans and prepares each day with the players. That’s one of the things I’m going to take with him. His knowledge of the game, the way he manages a game, the way he runs a game, the way he works with the press, the way he works in the community and the way he works with the organizations. Those types of things really make him stand out from other guys that I know or I have seen. Those are all traits that I’ve taken from him and learned from him.”

while not the most eloquent, warms my heart.

No comments: