Friday, October 9, 2009

Humbug.


Free tip of the day: Don't brush your teeth while angry. Seriously, I don't know why I do this to myself--not the teeth brushing thing (that's just good dental hygiene) but the staying up late when work beckons in three and a half hours and getting all worked up about a baseball game so that the few hours of sleep that I might get will not be achievable.

That was unpleasant all around. Some games have a feel and from the onset that one felt like a loss. And even when Lester was dealing the feeling never let up. The umpiring didn't help. Ramon Ramirez didn't help. And the lack of hitting didn't help either. In fact, I reached the point where my swearing at the television stopped being actual words and instead became a stream of random syllables spat in its general direction in a cursing fashion. At least for now, there's always tomorrow.

Also, I thought that I'd like Donny O in the booth but I kind of felt like I was being cheated on.

No comments: