Sunday, October 11, 2009

Home for the Holidays.


Well that sucked.

Here I was thinking that this team had a little bit of life left in them, that the team I had known for this past season had shown up to play today but I guess not. Instead they head home. But hey!If Jason Bay and George Kottaras hop a plane soon enough, they'll be able to eat Thanksgiving dinner at home tomorrow.

I'm actually not overly upset. Disappointed? Sure. Annoyed? You bet. Ready to take a flying leap off the Tobin? No. Or less dramatically, curl up in a ball and cry? Not even that. I am upset that I'll have to deal with overly gracious Yankee fans for the next couple of days but beyond that I'm not feeling much.

I suppose it's because the bats decided to sleep walk through the series. Like I told them before: You can't win if you don't score runs, although I probably should have been clearer and said that they needed to score more runs than their opponent. Oh well, spilled milk and all that.

But if I was going to pick a goat, then it would have to be Don Orsillo. Pap gets two outs, Don mentions that he's never allowed an earned run in the post season, and then he gives up three. Coincidence?

No comments: