Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Boston? You're My Home.

John Farrell, it seems, will be returning to the Sox next year. Having turned down the job as manager of Cleveland, telling the Cleveland Plain Dealer:

"It's an honor to be considered for the job. Especially for a team I played for, my father played for and where there are so many people I know and respect. All those things considered, my desire is to fulfill the commitment between Boston and myself.

"There's no denying there is an intent to manage at some time. But I have a mutual commitment with Boston that I feel I should fulfill."

It's pretty clear that he had no PR flackie write his statement for him. You can hear the convoluted syntax that he often uses, especially in the first sentence of the second paragraph.

I've got no problem with Farrell and the pitchers seem to like him, so it's probably a good thing that he'll be back. As for Cleveland, they might want to strongly consider Bogar; three years ago he was successful as their AA manager. (Of course, Eric Wedge was also a good minor league manager.)

No comments: