Saturday, July 25, 2009

Some Things Will Never Change.



So I go into work Wednesday afternoon and things are dandy. I get out of there sixteen hours later, sleep the sleep of the dead, and awake to find that Julio Lugo was sent to St. Louis, they had acquired a first baseman from Pittsburgh in Adam LaRoche, and that they'd let Mark Kotsay go. The seeming shortsighted-ness of the last move is killing me--your backup outfielder is Rocco Baldelli. Should someone go down, which *knock on wood* doesn't seem that unlikely, and Rocco can't go, you've got yourself a problem--but I'm willing to concede that the front office knows better than I do.

So Adam LaRoche, huh? Slightly different coloring but he looks a lot like JD Drew, similar demeanor as well. He doesn't like to wear suits. (Big mistake. Only once in my life have I ever met a man who didn't look good in a suit and that was mostly because he slouched.) And he wants to play in the playoffs. So good luck to him.

No comments: