Thursday, July 9, 2009

I Have a Large Supply of These.



I'm pretty sure that losing to the Kansas City Royals requires that the show tunes be brought out more quickly; it's something that needs to be nipped in the bud. Besides which, even though Justin Masterson might be highly offended by GodSpell (I think there are some religious-types who don't take kindly to it) it seems appropriate given that he was the losing pitcher.

I did briefly wonder if Masterson, being a soft-hearted soul, was trying to be kind to Ryan Freel after knocking him in the noggin trying to pick him off second earlier in the season when Freel was with Baltimore. I rejected that idea pretty quickly and decided instead that he should try to hit him again when he was throwing over to first base, for old times' sake.

I suppose that being tied with the Yankees isn't so bad. Winning thirteen out of fifteen (as the Yankees have done) isn't sustainable; they've got some losses coming to them and they're out to LA to meet the Angels. Having them sniff first place only to fall back is pretty good, too. But boyos: no more of this losing to the Royals. Got that?

No comments: