Friday, July 31, 2009

Bummed.


When I heard about David Ortiz yesterday, I was heartbroken; not shocked, per se, but definitely heartbroken. Here was a seemingly good man who time and again put his team on his broad back and said: Let's go. And here he was exposed as nothing more than a common cheat. He was a force. He was fierce. But he and his gap-toothed grin and big heart were immensely, irrevocably lovable. Apparently none of that was him, though. David was larger than life and now he's just a regular guy with regular guys faults and flaws.

Yesterday, for the first time I stood at the gate with ticket in hand and didn't really want to go in; which was equally depressing. And so I chose to hold me tongue last night in the hopes that I'd be able to think more clearly today. That with the benefit of a good night's sleep, I'd be able to form a coherent thought. I woke up this morning still feeling hollow. And am, apparently, still upset enough to slip into alliteration.

No comments: