Thursday, July 30, 2009

Bad Days Turn Into Bad Nights.



So this is what it's come down to? This is what you've reduced me to? Posting Andrew Lloyd Webber in an effort to stem the losing. You do realize that someone out there in Internet land is going to think that I appreciate the work of that no-talent hack, right? Have you no compassion? Don't you care one iota for my reputation?

For the first time in a year I actually thought: We need Manny. Of course, I didn't mean it but once the thought was out there it wasn't just going to go away. Even 2008 David Ortiz would suffice. Any other version of Jason Bay would be fabulous--sadly, Bay is not responding to my threats of having him banished to Pittsburgh (It works on Ramon Ramirez; "Get this out or I'm sending you back to K.C." almost always leads to the out) and more drastic measures may be called for. The pitching has been more of a problem than the hitting for the last couple of games but it's easier to pick on the hitters. I do wish that Justin Masterson would care about losing, though. Even just a little bit.

If more than two or three of you decide that you're actually going to play tomorrow, do let me know in advance. It would be much appreciated.

No comments: