Wednesday, May 6, 2009

This Both Sucks and Blows.

The lag time between the time stamp on this post and when it's actually published is going to be impressive. I've been sitting here, writing and deleting, writing and deleting, trying to come up with something appropriate to say about Jerry Remy's bout with cancer.

My inner Pollyanna reads the press release and says one thing but my more practical side says "Yeah, but lung cancer." What's more, he doesn't need someone like me--with no actual information--spreading rumors about his prognosis.

Even though the man is entitled to his privacy, he feels like family (or at the very least a close friend) and so, even if it's just in this little space, I'll treat him as such and wish him the best of luck in beating this. A baseball world without Jerry wouldn't be nearly as entertaining.

Rally time, Jerry.

No comments: