Saturday, May 2, 2009

And I Laughed.

It's not funny. Or, at least, it shouldn't be funny. Like the Lugos and the Javier Lopezs of the team, I find myself trying to stick up for Brad Penny. I don't like when guys get picked on, especially when most of the time it isn't entirely their fault that the team lost. But when Tom Caron Freudian-slipped that Bad Penny would be pitching tomorrow, I got a case of the giggles.

And what I really wanted to write here was that Penny had gotten the best of the Rays hitters that he had faced. But, sadly, that isn't the case. Pat Burrell has seen him the most and has ten hits in forty-two at bats (three home runs and a double) with three walks. He did strike out twelve times, though. Kapler has three hits in seven at bats but two of them were home runs. You could make excuses and say that those at bats would have come last year when Penny was hurt and Kap was red hot, if you wanted to. Haverhill and Crawford are both one for three. And Gabe Gross is one for two with a walk.

After having been called out by Tom Caron hopefully, tomorrow's game goes well for Penny.

No comments: