Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I Will Acknowledge Mark Kotsay.


The Front Office is against me. First, they took away my Manny (I'm currently in the vindictive stage of our break up.) Now, they're taking playing time away from my Coco. But I will welcome the new guy. Erm, welcome new guy!


I do like centerfielders. And I do like centerfielders who do Spiderman impersonations. One of my favorite pictures from the post-season last year was Coco, hair freed from the confining braids, peering over the centerfield fence in Denver. And Mark Kotsay is probably a fine fellow. But. The man is already planning on not playing in October: "It'll be a fun experience for the next 30 days, that's for sure." Umm, honeybun? Thirty days will take you until September 26-the start of the Yankee series.


I suppose it signals the return of Jacoco. Jacoby gets the righty starters, Coco gets the lefties. When the Bay-by (too corny?) arrives in September, Coco will undoubtedly get some starting time. (I don't even know where Bay's wife is-Canada? Pittsburgh? Probably not Boston.) Sucks for Coco, though.

No comments: