Thursday, November 8, 2007

He did dance. Sort of.



I suppose that it counts as a dance. Um, not quite what I was expecting.

It's hard to hear around the drawl but it sounds like he says "I tell ya, I told you guys I'm dancin' with him. When-" [aside: it might be "when we win" but first, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense and second, it doesn't go with my next line. So moving on.] Unless adrenaline is the ultimate in age-defying makeup, that is not Papelbon. And Josh, kitten, you must have known that we were expecting a rowdy Papelbon-esque dance and not something akin to the way my grandfather would have whirled my grandmother around the floor.

But, nontheless, it's very, very funny and he seems very proud of himself. His partner doesn't seem to be enjoying himself as much, perhaps it's the death grip with which he is being held or maybe dancing with Josh Beckett is just a terrifying experience. The video can be seen (and immensely enjoyed) here:

And because that tickled me so much, there's another one. In the second video at about 36 seconds he does a little shimmy-thing.

No comments: