Monday, November 12, 2007

Ave! Roy Dusty!


I couldn't resist. This movie was integral to the development of my knowledge of the fundamentals of baseball (well, this one and The Sand Lot). I watched them a lot; the videos were in pretty much constant rotation. Plus, there's a short joke to be had here. I'm sure of it.

So congratulations to Pedroia. After a shaky start, he turned in some pretty impressive numbers (.317, 8, 50). His batting average is, apparently, the all-time best for a rookie second baseman. And with a fielding percentage of .990 and just 11 errors, he also offered up some excellent defense. He seems like a scrappy guy.

Also, big ups to Ryan Braun of the Milwaukee Brewers, NL RoY. His numbers (.324, 34, 97) are impressive, as well. I'm glad it wasn't Tulowitzki because, apropos of nothing, I couldn't help but think "That man has horrific posture." every time he went up to bat.

No comments: