Monday, November 5, 2007

Wakefield and Mirabelli: Hand-in-hand?

First, I just thought it was important to point out how much Theo looks like George Clooney in the above picture.

More Importantly: I wasn't going to post anything about potential trade rumors. They're just rumors and by the awesome power of my mind I might make a seemingly bad deal come true, so it would be better to just shut up about it. That being said: Since Wakefield is in, does that mean that Mirabelli is in as well?

There must be someone better out there. Someone who could put up some offense would be the way to go. In the words of David Ortiz, "Theo, do it!"

How hard can catching a ball be, anyway? This, coming from the gal who if a ninety-mile-an-hour baseball was hurled at her head would probably let out an "Eep!" and get the hell out of the way. And if, by some miracle, I did manage to hold my ground and catch it, I would probably end up knocked over by the impact of the ball. We are, of course, ignoring the fact that, due to my lack of height, I probably wouldn't be anywhere near any major leaguer's strike zone (T-ball might be a possibility, if they had a need for catchers) and the only pitches that wouldn't go soaring over my head (and into the umpire) would be breaking balls in the dirt.

I decided long ago that I wasn't tough enough for baseball. True story: When my brother was in Little League, we (my brother, my mother, and myself) used to go out to the backyard and practice fielding. My mother would pitch, I would bat, and my brother would field. I was pretty good, I could pull the ball in different directions and such; it was my mom pitching though, so they weren't difficult pitches to hit. Anyway, one day she hit me with a pitch (I think she thought I was crowding the plate) and I was done. Haven't played since.



Just for reference and who couldn't use a little George to brighten their day?

No comments: