Thursday, November 12, 2009

When I'm Right...

While it certainly isn't his physical appearance, I knew that there was something to love about Craig Breslow. [Aside: He does have a very nice speaking voice.] It would seem that Breslow also made quite the impression on teammate Dallas Braden.

Braden--stupidly named lefty starter out in Oakland; looks like a smarmy bastard in his roster photo; was having a very nice season until he was felled by a severe case of athlete's foot (officially he was put on the disabled list with a foot rash but, for amusement purposes, I choose to believe that it was athlete's foot)--had this to say about Craig:

"Breslow knows everything. I seriously want to be Craig Breslow when I grow up. He knows things most baseball players wouldn't even try to think about. ... I'm not saying we're all a bunch of rockheads, but if we were, he'd know how to build some kind of laser to break up the rocks and turn them into something way cooler."

That is just a tremendous quote. Nomar's also in the video but, to be honest, I didn't watch the whole thing simply because I can't get over that quote.

No comments: