Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The World According to Eck.

Boston Magazine has a semi-interesting interview with Dennis Eckersley in their September issue. They hit on the announcing gig with NESN, his vocabulary, kidnapping Joe Morgan, his look, playing golf, Don, steroids, politics, favorite baseball movie, and Jonathan Papelbon. There's nothing too exciting but it's worth a look if only for the picture they included with it.

He does make it sound like he's not done filling in for Jerry for the season:

Re: Working with Orsillo: "He is, absolutely. And I think he's comfortable with me, too. …It's like he can say whatever he wants, because I'm always asking him. In fact, I need to make a point to not do that anymore. Because I'll say something like I'm waiting for him to cosign it, like, "Right, Don?" and he looks at me like, "You're the one who's supposed to know what's going on."

I have grown to really like him, so that's good.

No comments: