Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I am a Little-stitious.


I don't think that I'm alone in having little things I like to do before and during a sporting event. I wouldn't call them superstitions because I honestly don't believe that my doing them will have any effect on the outcome of the game but I faithfully do them anyway. And why not? They don't cause any harm and they give me a sense of control over something I have no control over. Rituals might be a good word.

Jon Lester starts used to be met with a groan and a prayer but not anymore. Somewhere along the line, he became immune to my rituals. It doesn't matter if I have to park somewhere besides my usual spot at work or if I get too busy and have to skip lunch. It's okay because Jon Lester is pitching and he doesn't need my help to win a ballgame.

And that is very cool.

No comments: