Tuesday, June 23, 2009

You Just Licked Off the Part that Forbids Cruel and Unusual Punishment.



I don't remember much from my eighth-grade field trip to Washington D.C. I broke my mother's camera (luckily it was her older one), one of the girls in the group broke down crying in the rotunda of the Capital Building because of some fight, the pandas were asleep in the National Zoo, and there was a really big diamond in the Smithsonian.

For new visitors to the sprawling museum (at least within the next couple of days), there will be Red Sox World Series memorabilia on display. The Sox donated third base from Game 2 of the 2004 World Series and Jon Lester's jersey from Game 4 of 2007 World Series.

Not one to be above taunting the Yankees (and it did make me smile) Larry Lucchino said:

"It's interesting that the Yankees stuff is from so long ago."

I do hope, of course, that the Smithsonian requested the donation and Lucchino didn't just show up at the collections department with artifacts in hand.

No comments: