Friday, June 26, 2009

A Petition for St. Rita.*

It's strange how the mind works sometimes: I'd noticed the prayer card that Mike Lowell has tucked behind the nameplate of his locker at Fenway but, somehow, I'd never connected it with him being Catholic. It makes sense; Cuba (well, maybe not Cuba with the Communism), Puerto Rico, and South Florida are all heavily Catholic areas. Maybe he just seemed too urbane to be religious or something. But what do I know, I was in Paris (a very sophisticated, better than you kind of place) at Easter time a few years ago and people were literally spilling across the nathrax of a smaller church to hear the Good Friday mass. It was unexpected.

Anyway, Catholictv did an interview with Mike Lowell and it will be airing on July 7 at 10:30am and 8:00pm (they also stream their programming live on their website)--just in case anyone is interested.

*Please don't smite me for being sacrilegious. Thank you.

No comments: