Tuesday, April 28, 2009

This One Goes to Eleven.

The Pirates hired a new pitching coach in the form of Joe Kerrigan over the winter (who is actually good at his job) and have, consequently, gotten themselves off to a nice little start. This hadn't been the case in Pittsburgh for quite awhile, for proof of which you only have to look as far as Jason Bay. Bay was so excited at the prospect of nine wins in a row that he just couldn't hold it in:

"I was in the shower talking and I said to someone, ‘I don’t know how many 9-0 homestands you’ve been part of, but not me.’”

Let the slash fiction writing commence. It's not my thing, so I don't know who you'd pair him with but to each her own.

Seriously: I can't imagine what he's up to now that they've stretched it to eleven games.

No comments: