Friday, April 3, 2009

Dear NESN:

Perhaps it's just a misconception on my part but it seems like there was a lot less coverage of spring training this year. Maybe you showed the same number of games as you always have and it's WRKO's fault. But implicitly or not, you promised me that we were inching closer to real baseball. And so dutifully I showed up in front of my television screen promptly at 6:00 tonight only to be greeted by a note saying that you were experiencing technical difficulties and that I should stay tuned before you whisked me off to the Remys.

When you did come back, there was sound but no picture. It didn't take too long before things straightened themselves out and the audio and video lined themselves up. Yay! But then the picture froze. And pixelated. And turned green. And disappeared all together. And then there was a rain delay--which, I suppose, wasn't technically your fault--and the whole process started over again.

I understand having the kind of day where nothing seems to go as planned. I do. I sympathize. I've been the victim of those days often enough. And maybe it was just the rain that was messing you up but I sincerely hope that you can fix whatever it is that ails you by Monday.

Much love until then,

Liz

No comments: