Tuesday, October 21, 2008

That Old Familiar Pang.


There seems to be a sense of satiety regarding the outcome of the ALCS. It was alright. I was alright. Almost everybody seemed to be alright. Turns out, I may just be good at lying to myself.


Yesterday the players returned to Fenway to pick up their belongings. Theo gave a press conference and dropped this little nugget:



"Epstein met with reporters for about a half-hour at Fenway on Monday before Blake called the final question.

But with the free agent filing period at least a week away, the GM was in no hurry to leave.

"If they have more, I can answer," Epstein said. "I've got nothing to do today, unfortunately."

Heart in vise.


Although, I'm not entirely sure what he would have had to do if they had continued on.

No comments: