Sunday, July 20, 2008

How I Spent My Summer Vacation by Josh Beckett, Academian.

In ESPN the Magazine, there is an article about Josh Beckett working out at Trinity University in San Antonio in his downtime.

I watched the little video that accompanies the story before I read it and thought "Aww. That's kind of sweet, maybe I've misread him." (A little self-deprecating humor goes a long way with me.) The feeling grew as I got further and further into the story. "What's wrong with you?" I demanded. "He seems like a perfectly decent, nice guy." And then I came to this:

"We would be having a 70-foot-catch, and he'd signal that he was gonna throw a fastball, and he'd throw a curveball," Fregosi says. "I would tell him, "You can't do that; you're going to break my face. But he would just laugh. He thinks that's the funniest thing in the world."

and my faith in my ability to accurately read people was restored.

Josh, kitten, remind me to never have you tell me a joke.

No comments: