Tuesday, July 8, 2008

For Those Who, Obviously, Have Too Much Money to Begin With...

A luxury napkin company in Wisconsin called Jerseynaps has been awarded the contract to provide the napkins for the All-Star Game Gala and Pre-game celebration.



So when you think luxury napkins your first instinct is to wonder what the hell a luxury napkin is anyway, right? Are they made of silk with gold threaded through them? Taffeta? Tulle? (I can't think of any non-cotton fabrics that would be absorbent.) Secondly, you've got to wonder: How could I not know that such a product as a luxury napkin existed? Why have I been rubbing my face and my fingers down with rough cotton or *shudder* paper? Could I seriously have saved all of those shirtsleeves from ruination?



As it turns out, the napkins they will be producing are paper. The twist is that they can be folded into the shape of a baseball jersey that will look like the All-Star Jersey. Nifty, huh?







But baseball is about the common man and the common man can't possibly afford to attend either of those soirees, you protest. How can I get my grubby little hands on those napkins? Well, you can't. Not yet, anyway. MLB has decided, though, to sell the licensing rights to the napkin company so that they can produce napkins depicting the jerseys of eight major league teams including the jersey of your Boston Red Sox. So fear not, chickens.

No comments: