Wednesday, May 28, 2008

So Maybe I Jumped the Gun.

Last night I wrote that Lugo had anger issues (which is true) and that he must have done something to get thrown out of the game and implied that he probably deserved it. According to this account of the argument, it sounds like I got it wrong. Mike Lowell, who is all things good and true, described the scene this way:

"I heard [Lugo] say 'check,'" Lowell said. "I said 'check,' as well. And then I heard Lugo say, 'I don't know why you're looking at me.' And then Angel said, 'You don't want to argue that.' And he said, 'I don't know why you keep looking at me,' and he threw him out.

"Honestly, he didn't curse at him, he didn't say anything. I don't know if he misunderstood something he said. I didn't think he said anything that merited to be thrown out. Then when Tito confronted him and said, 'What did he do to get thrown out?' he didn't have a response."


So there you have it. Mea culpa.

No comments: