Friday, May 21, 2010

I Dreamed A Dream.

This is totally bizarre but true. I dreamt last night that I was baseball's commissioner. What can I say? I dream big. I was excellent at the job, by the way; I got the umpires to actually call ball and strikes based on the strike zone, and I eliminated interleague play. Unfortunately, I was fired because I missed a flight to Milwaukee.

Pitchers hitting is really the stupidest thing. They suck at hitting (Of course, some of them *ahem John Lackey* also suck at pitching) so why have them do it? You only get three precious little outs, so why willingly give one up every go around? It doesn't add to the strategy; you can double-switch all you want in regular (read: good) baseball, you just don't have to because you don't have a guy who wouldn't make a decent team coming up to bat. All it does is put an extra hole in your lineup.

So I will grumble my way through the weekend and hope for a better outcome tomorrow.

No comments: