Sunday, March 28, 2010

An Impossible Dream.



I have a soft spot for AAAA guys; guys who stick it out in triple A either because they love the game or they don't know anything else. I very much wish that I had the courage to continue to pursue a dream I had since I was a kid instead of just doing the practical thing and trading it in for a steady income. I badly want them to succeed, to be rewarded for their hard work. Of course, that means that by the time I'm really pulling for a guy, he's got very little chance left.

After today's game, NESN showed the documentary A Player to Be Named Later about the 2001 Indianapolis Indians, AAA affiliate of the Brewers. Given my penchant for spoilers, I watched with dread knowing that it wasn't going to turn out well for most of them. But I did learn a couple of interesting things about Marco Scutaro: 1. In 2001 he was really into remote control cars and 2. His wife is a stunningly beautiful woman.

No comments: