Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Homing Pigeon.


After the past couple of games I had come to the conclusion that Theo Epstein might know more than I do about running a baseball team. And I had been working up the courage to publicly admit that I was wrong. (It's a big step.) Clearly, when taken away from the soft, gooey center that is the Baltimore pitching staff the offense has once again hit a snag and the bat of Victor Martinez has proved to be useful.

I wasn't totally ignored, though. I said that his starting pitching staff was a little bit weak on the back end and that he should have done something to address the situation. [Note: I was not wrong on this point. And I may have to demote Buchholz to 3/7 of a pitcher.] Obviously due to my fabulous insight, Theo Epstein has addressed the situation by re-hiring Paul Byrd.

It's not quite the move I was hoping for. I spent most of his starts for the Sox last season with my fingers crossed, mumbling "Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck."

Meanwhile, Epstein's 'pen mostly worked wonders last night. It was quite impressive. And the less said about the rest of it, the better.

No comments: