Thursday, December 18, 2008

An Indian Giver of Compliments.



I've never been a big fan of old Jetes. Perhaps it's that he means so much to so many Yankee fans. It might be the showy way he plays the game. Most likely it's the robotic way he seems to live his life. Gutless. Unoriginal. Always does the right thing. Never takes a chance. Never screws up. I strongly suspect that he's never had an original thought. Anyway, he was on MLB Home Plate on XM yesterday and had this to say about highly-original Dustin Pedroia:


"He's a great player. More importantly, he's a good person. He was fun to be around [at the All-Star Game]. The thing about Dustin that I like is every game he's playing all out. I mean, he's a player that you really enjoy to watch play. I mean, I really don't enjoy it because we see enough of him but you really appreciate the way he goes about playing the game everyday. He's a spark plug for the team. He deserved to win the MVP award and he's going to have a bright future. It might be all downhill for him now. He won a championship his first year, the MVP his second year, but I'm sure he's going to have a long and successful career."


I suppose, as it was spoken, that I can forgive the 'I mean's. [Aside: I still refuse to forgive Ms. Benjamin for her 'Ya'know's. That's why I'm listening to you, twit, because I don't know. And noone can make me forgive her.] But c'mon, say something. Have an opinion. "I like him-but I don't like him-but I do like him-he's a good player-it's all downhill from here-but he's still a good player." It's silly. I know Yankee fans are fickle but you're Derek Jeter, they aren't going to crucify you. I promise.

No comments: